Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the world spins madly on

The fact that I worked through the weekend is starting to catch up with me now. This afternoon, I sat at my desk trying to read just one more journal article before meeting with my supervisor and my brain literally just stopped working. Giving myself weekends off is key. But it's hard when my mind is buzzing on a productive kick (especially after being out of the office for three days), and in an attempt to keep myself from walking on my ankle, I've just been sitting and doing work ALL THE TIME. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

To be honest, I have gotten a lot done this week. But I came out of my meeting with my supervisor with a sinking feeling. She essentially spent the better part of the hour being overly impressed with what a hard worker I am and how great I've been doing. Sounds great right. However, I have found myself suddenly overwhelmed with the prospect of what lies ahead, not because it's going to be difficult or a lot of work (both of which are true) but just because. I'm so organized and focused, there's really nothing to worry about, but I just have this tugging feeling. Oh well, I guess that means I just have to press on.

In other news, Madeline is coming tomorrow!! Timing could not be better, this is just the pick me up that I need right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment