Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy St Andrews Day!

When I said we weren't getting that much snow, I may have spoke too soon. It appears most of Scotland is more or less at a standstill, airports closing, buses not running...but here along the coast we still haven't had much accumulate. I think the most we had on the ground at any one point was about four inches late Saturday night. It was actually beautiful. I was sort of dying from my cold at that point, but had made it over to Kate's to watch a film, so on my walk home through the 'blizzard' I was enchanted by the soft fluffy blanket over the town, even as it was pierced with cries of happiness as university students ran outside to play.

I was meant to be going to a meeting for child psychiatric care in a neighboring town today, and meet a number of pediatric psychiatrists and researchers that I will later want to interview for my project, but it was cancelled due to the weather. The downside is I will not get to meet these people until after the holidays now, so I can't quite fit them into my project as I don't yet know who they are... The upside, that made for a whole lot less work for me between yesterday and today, as I had set this time aside to be preparing for and going to this meeting. One would think that would just give me more time to do my other work, like finishing marking essays or starting to fit together my thesis outline, but really I just gave myself the time off! I'm still recovering from my cold afterall...I'll get back to work soon, really....I just have to push on through the next week and a half until I'm free for three weeks! In that time, I also hope to get to Edinburgh to see the Christmas market and go ice skating, will try for this weekend. It's just hard because this time of year is so busy, and I'm trying to see everyone I can before I leave (the good and the bad of leaving a week before everyone else...).

No comments:

Post a Comment