Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bop quota has been met

Last night was fun and slightly eyeopening. Now that I'm finally feeling much better (not quite 100%, but nearly), I was able to emerge from my room for a night out. We finally had our lovely flat family dinner last night. Lasagna was made. Music was played. Wine was poured. More laughter than anyone could have ever imagined. AND Thornton's caramel shortcake squares made an appearance. Really incredible times.

After dinner about 10 of us went out. We started at this pub called One Golf Place, which is surprisingly enough a pub dedicated to all things golf, with golf pictures all over the walls and generally just golf on the TVs all the time. But it has live music every Friday night, so it's quickly becoming a weekly thing with my flatmates. A couple of my flatmates met up with people from their courses while we were there, we all chatted a bit, I'm finally starting to hang out with majority postgrads rather than majority undergrads. I do really love my undergrad friends here, but I'm definitely making it more my own by edging in with postgrad life, which does overlap anyway because St Andrews is small and there are only so many things you can do here. Prime example, after One Golf Place my flatmates insisted on going to the Student Union so that we could go to the Bop, which is like a pseudo-club dance party inside the Union twice a week. While at the Union, of course I saw a number of my students from the lab, but they all scurried off as soon as they saw me, which was quite entertaining in itself. I also never realized how many postgrads actually do go to the Union, I always kind of assumed nearly everyone was undergrad, but if you look around that's not always the case apparently. Though I'm finding that the Union is getting really old for me, and really if there's no playing of pool or people-watching with James to be done then I generally see no point. And after bopping last night, I really don't need to do that again for at least another few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment