This weekend has been a nice chance to catch up with many old friends. One household had a party Friday night, and while I did not know about half the people there, those I did know are very close friends of mine. It was a fancy dress party (costume/themed party), and in the past I swear my friends would go all out for these sorts of things. While everyone seemed sort of dressed appropriately, sort of, only very few really hit the right image. Not going to lie, I was slightly disappointed, and expect better showing next time. Grabbing the odd lunch or dinner out in town at all the usual places has been good too, however I need to start limiting myself to how often I can go out for food as it is becoming far too expensive and fattening... But how can I resist when someone suggests going to North Point for pancakes and hot chocolate or The Rule for a proper pub breakfast (though I must admit, it's true that the Brits don't know how to make decent bagels)? Though I do need to start saving my money so that I can possibly travel a little around the UK/Europe while I'm here. There are a number of friends spread across the continent that I would love to see if I can just plan it right.
And now I must plow on through the lasts of my med school applications. Perhaps the last thing I want to be doing at the beginning of a new degree program, but it seems I have no choice. Out of the four that I have left to submit, I've nearly finished two, so I'm almost there. The end is practically in sight. I suppose it helps that most of the people around me are doing coursework and it is a bit rainy outside...
No comments:
Post a Comment